An easy and simple Corn and Pumpkin soup, which is clear and virtually oil-free, yet refreshing and you can actually taste the wholesome goodness of Pumpkin. Try it!
- 500 gm Pumpkin
- 1 stick of Corn
- 3 shallots - (Optional)
- 5 Cups of water
- Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Wash, cut off the pumpkin skin, and cut the pumpkin into bite size pieces.
2. Chop up the corn into 4 pieces and crush the shallots.
3. Bring to the boil the 5 cups of water and once it boils, put in the above ingredients.
4. Cook on medium to low heat for about 1.1/2 hours or till the pumpkin is soft.
5. Add salt to taste, a dash of pepper and it's ready to serve.