Eating a piece of Chiffon Cake is like eating a cloud ..... a fluffy, moderately sweet and lightly eggy cloud. Enjoy!
(A) 4 Egg Yolks
30 gm Caster Sugar
1 Tablespoon Honey
Pinch of Salt
(B) 4 Tablespoons Corn/Cannola Oil
80 ml warm water + 3 Teasp. Green Tea Powder. Mix well.
2 Teasp. Vanilla/Rum
(C) 100 gm Superfine Flour
3/4 Teasp. Baking Powder
(D) 4 Egg Whites
1/2 Teasp. Cream of Tartar
40 gm Caster Sugar
1. Sift ingredients (C) and set aside.
1. Cream ingredients (A) till sugar is dissolved.
2. Add in ingredients (B) in the respective order and mix well before adding in the next item.
3. Fold in (C) and mix till no lumps.
4. Beat egg whites till frothy, add in cream of tartar. Beat till white in colour and add in the sugar. Egg whites should be beaten till stiff peaks are formed, but not dry.
5. Put 1/2 egg white into yolk mixture and mix well with hand whisk.
6. Pour yolk mixture into the rest of the egg white and mix well with hand whisk.
7. Put batter into ungreased chiffon pan and bake in preheated oven at 350 deg.F/180 deg.C for about 35 to 40 minutes till cooked, test with skewer till it comes out clean.
8. Invert the cake immediately to cool.