Light, chiffon cake that's not heavy, can certainly do with more helpings, especially with a cup of hot tea or coffee.....
Recipe for Cranberry Yoghurt Chiffon Cake
Ingredients : A
- 4.1/2 Egg Yolks
- 40 gm Caster sugar
- 60 ml Cannola Oil
- 1.1/2 Teasp. Lemon/Lime juice
- 120 gm plain Yoghurt
- 135 gm Superfine Flour
- 90 gm dried Cranberries - cut & coated with some flour
- 6 Egg Whites
- 70 gm Caster sugar
- 3/8 Teasp. Cream of Tartar
1. Cream the egg yolks and sugar till light, creamy and thick.
2. Add in the oil, lemon juice and yoghurt, mix till well blended.
3. Sift in the flour and mix till the batter is lump free.
4. Beat the egg whites till big bubbles form. Add in the cream of tartar and beat till white in colour.
Add in the 70 gm sugar, and beat till stiff peaks form, not dry.
5. Pour 1/2 egg whites into the flour mixture (3) above and blend well, with a hand whisk.
6. Pour flour mixture into the rest of the egg whites and fold till just blended, with hand whisk. Stir in the cut, flour-coated cranberries, till just combined.
7. Pour batter into ungreased chiffon pan. Tap the tin a bit to expel the air from the batter.
8. Bake in preheated oven @ 350 deg.F/180 deg.C for about 45 minutes. Test with skewer till it comes out clean.
9. Invert the pan immediately to cool.
The little amount of flour used to coat the cranberries, is not from the above 135 gm.