Following the goodness from consuming Green Tea, here's another
recipe that I churned out.
Recipe for Green tea Marble Yoghurt Cake
- 6 oz Plain Flour
- 3/4 Teasp. Baking Powder
- 3 eggs
- 4.1/2 oz Caster sugar
- 1/2 Cup Cannola/Corn Oil
- 1/2 Cup Yoghurt
- 1 Teasp. Vanilla
- 2 Tablespoons Greentea powder
- 1 Teasp. lukewarm water
- 1/2 Cup Adzuki Beans (Discard the syrup)
- Pinch of salt
- Discard the syrup from the Adzuki beans and coat with some flour. Set aside.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt and set aside.
- Cream the eggs with the sugar till creamy, add in the oil, then the yoghurt, followed by the vanilla.
- Gradually fold in the flour and blend thoroughly.
- Mix the greentea powder with the lukewarm water to a paste.
- Divide the batter into 2 portions. Add the greentea paste into one portion and leave the other plain. No need to swirl.
- Pour half the batter into a lightly greased and floured Bundt cake tin. Toss in the flour coated Adzuki beans.
- Cover with the balance batter.
- Bake in a preheated oven @ 350deg.F/180deg.C for about 35 to 40 minutes. Test with skewer till it comes out clean.
- Coat the Adzuki beans with about 2 Teasp of flour not from the above 6 oz. plain flour. This is to absorb the moisture in the beans to prevent them from sinking to the bottom of the cake.
- The marbling effect is not so distinct in this cake, perhaps need to add 1/2 Teasp more of Green Tea powder.