Tantalize your taste buds with this Kunyit Chicken dish, not too spicy, yet tasty and delicious
it's simply finger licking good. ............. Yummy, yummy!
Recipe for Kunyit aka Turmeric Chicken
- 6 Chicken Drumsticks about 1.2 kg, - preferably with skin removed
- 20 gm fresh Kunyit/Turmeric
- 4 pips Garlic
- 10 Shallots
- 1 inch square of Belachan paste
- 6 dried Chillies - Soaked
- 3 sticks of Lemon Grass
- 1.1/2 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1.1/2 Teasp. Salt
- 1/8 Teasp. Dark Soya Sauce
- Pound together the fresh kunyit, garlic, shallots, dried chillies and belachan paste. Crush the lemon grass.
- Lightly make 2 slits on each of the chicken drumsticks, marinate them with the above pounded ingredients.
- Add in the salt, sugar and dark soya sauce, and leave to marinate for about 3 hours, turning and stirring after every 30 minutes.
- Heat up a wok/pan and cook the chicken drumsticks under medium heat, till the meat is tender. No oil is required.
- Dish up the chicken drumsticks and grill for about 2 minutes, without the gravy.
- Once nicely grilled, place them on a plate, add the gravy on top and it's now ready to be served.
- This dish goes very well with rice, bread, roti canai or even puri.
It is best to marinate the chicken drumsticks, preferably overnight.