I was cleaning my fridge one weekend and stumbled upon some left over red, green and black- eyed beans, so I just put them to the boil and came up with this Mixed Beans 'tong sui'. Just nice to enjoy while relaxing and watching my favourite movie drama.
plucked some Pandan/Screwpine leaves from the backyard .......
Red, Black-eyed, Green beans, Sago pearls and
dried Pak Hup
doesn't take long to make this,
nice and refreshing on a hot afternoon
Recipe for Mixed Beans Sweet Soup
- 100 gm Red Beans
- 150 gm Green Beans
- 50 gm Black-eyed Beans
- 150 gm Rock sugar
- 20 gm dried Pak Hup
- 10 gm Sago Pearls
- 7 cups water
- Pandan/Screwpine leaves
- Put 3 cups of water in a pressure cooker and add in the red beans and cook on medium heat.
- Once the pressure is released, then add in the green and black-eyed beans, rock sugar, pandan leaves and another 4 cups of water, and cook till the beans are soft.
- Meanwhile, wash and soak the dried pak hup in some hot water for about 15 minutes.
- Also, soak the sago pearls with some water for about 5 minutes or till double in bulk.
- Once the beans are soft and tender, add in the pak hup together with the sago pearls and keep stirring.
- Add rock sugar to taste, and drizzle with some coconut milk, if desired.