ABC soup is a very common, easy to make nutritious soup, but as I have corn, celery and carrot in this concotion, how best to name it but the 3 C's soup!
The sweetness from these Cameron Highlands corn gives added flavour to this clear and nourising soup.
Recipe for 3 C's Soup
- 2 sticks sweet corn, chopped
- 200 gm carrots
- 150 gm celery
- 300 gm pork ribs
- 5 cups water
- 1/2 tsp white pepper corns, crushed
- Salt to taste
- Wash the pork ribs and then blanch them in a pot of boiling water, drain and set aside.
- Bring to the boil, the 5 cups of water and add in the pork ribs, corn, carrots, celery and crushed peppercorns.
- Boil on medium and low heat for 2 hours till the ribs are soft.
- Add salt to taste.
- Ladle into bowls and serve.