It's been quite a while since I cooked curry. So, managed to squeeze in this for dinner .... simple, just cook the curry, rice and blanch a vegetable and dinner is ready.
I used only 100 gm of this A+1 meat curry paste because it's fiery!
No coconut milk for this curry, used sugarless soymilk instead and if I didn't disclose, the people at the dining table didn't realise it!
Recipe for Curry Pork ribs
- 600 gm pork ribs - cut into about 2.5 inch lengths
- 600 gm Russet potatoes - peeled and cut
- 100 gm A+1 curry paste for meat
- 180 gm shallots
- 5 pips garlic
- 2 lemon grass - crushed
- 500 ml Yeo's sugarless soymilk
- 1 cup water
- Some curry leaves
- 2 star anise
- a small piece of cinnamon stick
- Salt and light soya sauce to taste
- Wash and blanch the pork ribs in a pot of boiling water to remove scum, rinse in cold water, drain and set aside.
- Blend together the shallots and garlic.
- Stir-fry the curry paste with the blended ingredients, toss in the fresh curry leaves, star anise and cinnamon stick.
- Add in the blanched pork ribs, a cup of water and let it cook for about 30 mins., stirring occasionally to prevent it from drying up.
- When the pork ribs are a bit soft, add in the potatoes together with the soymilk.
- Let the curry simmer till the pork ribs are tender and thoroughly cooked.
- Add salt and light soya sauce to taste.
- Dish out and serve hot with plain rice, bread or roti canai.