A healthy and delicious morning or tea treat ........ Pineapple oat and date muffins. Taste great especially fresh from the oven!
Not too sweet warm muffins accompanied by a piping hot cup of Kopi-O ........ Mmmm
Recipe for Pineapple oat and date muffins
- 4 oz plain flour
- 90 gm quick cooking oats
- 1 cup soymilk (you can use milk)
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 3.1/2 oz brown sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil (or melted butter)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 60 gm dried pineapple, chopped
- 60 gm dates, chopped
- A pinch of salt
- Mix oats with soymilk and lemon juice and let it rest for about 2 hours.
- Sift the flour with the baking powder, baking soda and salt. mix well.
- Add in the brown sugar and mix thoroughly.
- Add in the egg and oil into the oat mixture, mix till well combined.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour mixture and pour in the oat mixture.
- Add in the chopped pineapple and dates, mix till just combined and do not overmix.
- Spoon into muffin cups.
- Bake in preheated oven @ 220 degC for about 20 to 25 mins. till lightly brown. Insert a skewer and when it comes out clean, remove them from the oven.
- Serve warm.