I was at the Kg. Simee market last weekend and took the opportunity to look for the stall that sold a variety of prepared curry pastes for fish, meat, spicy, tangy, whatever you name it, the lady had it. The stall proved to be very popular because when I was there, nearly all the pastes were sold out except for a bit of leftovers. She recommended me to get this Thai spicy paste, for only 2 ringgit, enough to steam a whole fish, I was told. The sauce was good, tangy and it was indeed spicy!
This's the spicy paste ..... 200 gm for only 2 ringgit. Look at the colour, no wonder it's hot!
The fish looked so snug, all covered up with a blanket of spicy sauce!
Yummy and it was gorgeous with a hot plate of plain white rice ................. Enjoy!
Recipe for Steamed fish with spicy Thai sauce
- 400 gm white snapper
- 200 gm spicy Thai sauce
- Wash and clean the fish and lightly cut 2 slits diagonally on the fish.
- Rub the fish with some salt, inside out.
- Prepare the steamer and once the water is rapidly boiling, pour the sauce on the fish and steam on high heat for about 8 mins.
- Fish is done, once the eyes pop out.
- Garnish with some mint leaves.
- Serve hot with rice.