When I saw MaryMoh's post on Okra and Anchovies stir-fry, it reminded me of this simple, quick and easy dish that my mum used to whip up for us ...........Steamed minced pork with silver fish, which we call 'ngan yu chai'.... baby silver fish because of its size.
- 250 gm mince pork
- 20 gm silver fish
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp water
- Sesame oil
- Spring onions and coriander for garnishing
- Wash the silver fish, drain and mix them together with the minced pork.
- Add in salt, cornflour and water, mix till well incorporated.
- Steam over rapidly boiling water for about 10 to 15 mins.
- Garnish with chopped spring onions and coriander.
- Add a dash of pepper and drizzle in some sesame oil.
- Add some light soya sauce if desired.
- Serve hot with rice.