This is a light and healthy dessert, best eaten with a dollop of ice-cream or even on its own. It's more or less like my other recipe on apple raisin crumble. Refrigerate leftovers and reheat before serving if desired.
Combine oil with sugar, add in flour, oats, almonds and raisins. Spoon oatmeal mixture on top of the apple slices, sprinkle more oats and drizzle golden syrup before putting them into the oven.
Sour green apples can be transformed into a scrumptious sweet dessert, full of wholesome goodness!
- 2 granny smith apples - peeled, cored and sliced
- 7 tsps canola oil
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1.1/2 oz plain flour
- 40 gm rolled oats
- 50 gm almonds/walnuts - coarsely chopped
- 2 Tbsp raisins
- 1.1/2 Tbsp golden syrup
- Arrange apple slices on the bottom of the ramekins.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk canola oil with sugar till dissolved, add in flour, almonds and raisins. Mix well.
- Mix in 20 gm oats.
- Press the oatmeal on the apple slices.
- Sprinkle remaining 20 gm oats on top and drizzle some golden syrup.
- Bake in preheated oven @ 180 deg C for 40 mins. till light brown.
- Serve warm or chilled, with ice cream or on its own.