Sultana, Dates and Walnut Loaf ......... I made this enitrely by using my Kenwood Breadmaker and so far it has never failed me. I just dump everything into the breadpan accordingly and after 3hrs 25 mins., it will transform the few ingredients into a tasty golden loaf of bread. Well, at least it helps to take away all the hard work of mixing, kneading and sweating in this sweltering heat! Also it saves me lots of washing up.
This bread is soft and fluffy and I like to dip this in Balsamic vinegar and olive oil and not forgetting my good, old 2 in 1 black coffee. If you can't finish the whole loaf in a day, no worries, keep it in a plastic bag and store in a breadkeeper ...... stays fresh till the next day.
- 9 fluid oz water
- 6 tsps honey
- 2.1/4 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb or 16 oz high protein flour
- 4 tsp skimmed milk powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 oz caster/brown sugar
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1.1/2 tsp dry yeast (this to be put in the centre)
- 4 oz sultanas, dates, walnuts (slightly toasted and coarsely chopped), or other dried fruits as preferred
- The dried fruits and nuts are to be added in when the machine makes an audible sound during the kneading cycle.
- If butter is preferred to olive oil, use 1.1/2 oz, cut into pieces and to add in after adding in the salt.