These health biscuits are good for breakfast and can also double up as a snack. They will come in real handy to satisfy sudden hunger pangs!
Dried fruits, sunflower seeds, honey, oil and orange juice all mixed up in a mixing bowl.
Mix this wet mixture into the dry sifted flour mixture till well combined.
Spread mixture evenly onto a 9 inch sq. tin, lightly greased or lined with parchment paper.
After about 25 mins. in the oven .................... a light golden slab of goodness awaits you!
Help yourself ..................... Be my guest!
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 6 oz dried pineapple - chopped
- 80 gm sultanas
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 4 oz self-raising flour
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 30 gm wheatgerm
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Combine honey, oil, chopped pineapple, sultanas, sunflower seeds, vanilla and orange juice in a mixing bowl.
- Mix together sifted flour, rolled oats and wheatgerm till well combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients onto the flour mixture and mix thoroughly till fully incorporated.
- Spread mixture evenly onto a lightly greased or paper lined 9 inch sq. tin. (I used a springform tin).
- Bake in preheated oven @ 180 deg C for about 25 to 30 mins. or till lilght golden brown.
- Cut into bars while still warm.
- Allow to cool completely in tin and store in a cookie jar.