Lazy bones at work again! This is another popular one-dish meal which I'm sure most of the readers know how to whip up in a jiffy ........ Chicken Porridge or Congee.
Easy to cook comfort food, light and refreshing .................... Slurp!
- 450 gm free range chicken - chopped into bite size
- 10 gm dried scallops - washed and set aside
- 10 gm young ginger, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup Taj Mahal ponni rice
- 4 cups water
- 2 Tbsp instant oats - cooked in 4 Tbsp hot water
- Salt to taste
- Coriander and spring onions for garnishing
- 2 tsps each of - oyster sauce and Shaoxing wine
- 1 tsp light soya sauce
- 1/2 tsp each of - salt and sugar
- Dash of pepper and some sesame oil
- Wash the rice, add 4 cups of water and cook in the rice cooker in 'Porridge' mode.
- Once the rice is boiling and grains open up, add in the scallops, seasoned chicken and ginger strips.
- Mix in the oat mixture as well.
- Cook till the chicken is tender, add salt to taste.
- Ladle the porridge into a bowl, garnish with the chopped coriander and spring onions.
- Add in a dash of pepper and drizzle in some sesame oil.
- Serve hot.