Think, I'm bitten by the bug, no, not bed bug, but Bread bug! There was some pandan paste left after making the Sesame Pandan Braid and putting nothing to waste, made these .....................
Soft and fluffy rolls, not too sweet and with a tinge of tanginess from the sultanas coupled with crunchy almond flakes ....... lovely, more so if it's your own creation!
- 250 gm Pandan paste
- 50 gm Sultanans
- Egg glaze - 1 egg yolk + 1 Tbsp water + a tinge of salt
- 1 egg + water to make up 1 cup or 250 ml
- 1.1/2 oz or 3 Tbsp butter/margarine
- 1 tsp salt
- 410 gm High Protein flour
- 2 Tbsp skimmed milk powder
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp yeast
- Put all the dough ingredients accordingly into the bread pan of your breadmaker. Press 'dough'cycle. It'll take 1.1/2 hours for the dough to be ready for shaping.
- At the end of the dough cycle, turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Gently knock back the dough to expel some air.
- Roll out the dough to a large oblong, spread with a layer of pandan paste, then sprinkle on some sultanas and roll it up tightly like a swiss roll.
- Cut the roll into 1/2 inch slices and place, cut side down on a paper lined baking tray. Cover with a damp cloth and let rise for 30 mins. till double in size.
- Brush with egg glaze and sprinkle flaked almonds on top.
- Bake in preheated oven @ 180 deg C for about 20-25 mins. or till golden brown.
- Makes 12 rolls.