Nothing beats the sweet aroma of freshly baked bread, what more if it's home made ....... and in a short while you can savour a warm, crusty loaf straight from the oven!
Mix in the sifted flour, salt, sugar and yeast, slowly add in milk, beat for a second, then add in butter.
Dough is ready when it leaves the sides of the mixing bowl.
Cover the dough with a damp cloth, let prove in a warm place till double in bulk.
Dough is ready for shaping when an indentation is left after pressing with a finger.
Roll dough into an oblong, spread the red bean paste in the middle.
Fold up from top and bottom, make sure the paste does not seep through the sides.
Turn over and roll into an oblong again.
Fold up the rolled dough. Seal the edges.
Put roll, seams down, ( shape roll too much till the bean paste is about to be exposed, need patching up, ha, ha), into a lightly greased loaf pan, cover with a damp cloth and let prove again for about 40 mins.
Apply egg glaze onto proved dough and sprinkle on sesame seeds.
Soft, fluffy bread fresh from the oven with a crispy top ............. mmmm
Ingredients for Dough
- 200 gm high protein flour - sifted
- 17 gm caster sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3.5 gm or 2/3 tsp yeast
- 115 ml milk
- 30 gm butter/margarine
Topping - Sesame seeds
- Mix in sifted flour, salt, sugar and yeast with the dough hook of your mixer.
- On low, slowly pour in the milk, mix for a second.
- Mix in the butter and continue to beat till dough is smooth and leaves the sides of the mixing bowl.
- Cover the mixing bowl with a damp cloth, let prove for 50 mins. in a warm place till double in bulk.
- Dough is ready for shaping when an indentation is left after presing with a finger.
- Remove dough onto a floured surface, knock back the dough to expel some air.
- Roll into an oblong about 1/4 inch thick, spread the red bean past in the middle of the oblong, fold the top over to cover the paste and from the bottom to overlap the top fold.
- Turn over and roll out into an oblong, taking care not to let the paste break out.
- Then roll up firmly like a swiss roll, tuck in the sides and place into a lightly greased 8.5" x 5" x 3" loaf dish.
- Cover with a damp cloth and let prove for 40 mins. in a warm place till double in bulk.
- Apply egg glaze, sprinkle on some sesame seeds.
- Bake in a preheated oven @ 180 deg C for about 20 to 25 mins. or till golden brown.
- Unmould and let cool on a wire rack.