A quick and simple to cook country-style dish ~ Steamed Ginger Chicken, made more easy with prepared ginger paste bought from the wet market in Kg. Simee.
Chop up the free-range chicken into bite size pieces, marinate with all the ingredients, let rest for about half an hour.
This is the prepared ginger paste, enough for 1 chicken, 160 gm for just 2 ringgit .
Serve this dish hot with rice ....... mix in some rice with the gravy and it's just wonderful, most suitable for cool weather.
- 800 gm free range chicken, chopped into bite size
- 160 gm ginger paste
- 2 tsps cornflour
- 2 Tbsp water
- 3/4 tsp each of - sugar and dark soya sauce
- 1 tsp each of - salt and light soya sauce
- Mix in all the ingredients with the ginger paste.
- Marinate the chicken pieces with the mixed ginger paste. Set aside for about half an hour.
- Heat up the steamer with water and once rapidly boiling, steam the marinated chicken for about 20 mins. or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Garnish with coriander or chopped spring onions.
- Serve hot with rice.