This cake is full of nutrition and the fibre in the banana and prunes will certainly bring relief to those who have symptoms of constipation!
I was just trying luck with this combo and was extremely pleased with the result ..... moist and soft!
- 300 to 350 gm (without skin), over-ripe bananas, mashed
- 150 gm butter/margarine
- 50 ml vegetable oil
- 90 gm brown sugar
- 300 gm plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 80 gm pitted prunes, cut and coated with some flour from recipe
- 2 flat tsp baking powder
- 1/2 flat tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- a pinch of salt
- Cream the butter with the sugar till light, creamy and thick.
- Add in eggs one @ a time, mix till well incorporated.
- On low speed add in the oil followed by the mashed bananas and vanilla, mix well.
- Fold in the flour, mix well.
- Finally, add in the flour coated prunes, mix thoroughly, scraping from the bottom and sides of the mixing bowl.
- Pour into a lightly greased and floured 8 inch sq. tin and bake in preheated oven @ 180 deg C for about 50 to 55 mins. Test with a skewer till it comes out clean.
- Cool in tin for about 10 mins. before removing onto wire rack to cool completely.