'Cereal Chicken Chop' ......... After trying out the 'Cereal Prawns' I experimented the premix cereal with chicken but this time I omitted the bird eye chillies. In fact this cereal is very versatile, can be used for fish fillet as well! Result, just one word ...... Yummy!
Just pan fry the marinated chicken thigh, once cooked, dish out. Melt some butter, stir-fry the curry leaves, cereal mix and return the chicken into the mixture and you are done.
Dish out the chicken pieces onto a serving plate, add in some cucumber slices, shredded carrots and cabbage, sprinkle on some lime, and dinner is ready .............. Enjoy!
- 3 chicken legs, skin removed and deboned
- 40 gm cereal mix
- 1 Japanese cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 1 stick carrot, shredded
- Some cabbage, shredded
- 1 to 1.1/2 Tbsp margarine/butter
- 2 to 3 kaffir ~ limau kasturi leaves, optional
- Oil for frying
- Wash and pat dry the chicken legs.
- Pan fry the chicken legs in a non-stick pan, flip from side to side till thoroughly cooked. Dish out.
- Wash the pan, heat up some butter, once melted, toss in the curry leaves and stir-fry.
- Add in the cereal mix and the cooked chicken pieces. Stir-fry and dish out onto serving plates.
- Garnish with the cucumber slices, shredded carrot and cabbage.
- Squeeze some lime onto the salad if desired.
- Serve hot.