I name these 'Easy Cupcakes' as I just adapted a very basic pound cake recipe to make them. The only difference is that I added in jam and reduced quite a substantial amount of sugar, healthwise and pocket wise. Our Government has just increased the price of sugar and also encouraging Malaysians to cut down on sugar intake!
Added in blackcurrant jam and shared them with some friends and they gave me the thumbs-up! Now, that's encouragement!
- 8 oz plain flour
- 8 oz butter/margarine
- 4.1/2 to 5 oz caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 flat tsp baking powder
- 1/2 flat tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Jam of your own choice
- Sift the flour with the baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar till light, soft and creamy.
- Add in eggs one @ a time, mix well.
- Fold in sifted flour and add in vanilla, scraping from the bottom and sides of the mixing bowl.
- Spoon 1 dessertspoon of batter onto the paper cups lining the patty tins, add in 1/2 tsp jam, cover with additional batter to 3/4 full.
- Bake in preheated oven @ 180 deg C for about 25 to 30 mins. till light golden brown. Test with skewer till it comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool on wire rack.