Made this 'Lemon Yoghurt Cake' with the Anolon Bundt tin, a Mother's Day gift from my three musketeers! I find this bakeware very practical because of the silicone enhanced slip-free handles.....giving it a better grip especially when removing it out from the hot oven!
Anolon Bundt tin with the silicone enhanced handles
I applied a lemon glaze on the hot cake which added more zing to the taste. Butterless and tangy, excellent for weight watchers! Grab a piece!
- 280 gm plain flour
- 180 gm caster sugar
- 120 ml vegetable oil
- 250 ml lowfat yoghurt
- 2 eggs
- 3 flat tsp baking powder
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- rind of 1 lemon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 4 Tbsp caster sugar
- Sift the plain flour with the baking powder and salt, set aside.
- Cream the eggs and sugar till light, fluffy and thick.
- Add in the lemon rind, juice and vanilla.
- Mix in the yoghurt and oil, blend well.
- Fold in the sifted flour until just combined.
- Pour batter into a 24 cm bundt tin and bake in preheated oven @ 180 deg C for about 45 mins. Test with skewer till it comes out clean.
- Let cake cool in the tin for about 5 mins. before removing it onto a wire rack.
- Use a skewer to prick holes all over the cake.
- Brush lemon glaze all over hot cake, repeat till all the glaze is used up.
- Let cake cool and serve.