'Steamed Tofu' ~ Beancurd is always a hot favourite with my family whenever we eat out ...... nutritious and for easy digestion especially with oldies around. For more information on 'Tofu' read here.
Easy, just mix in some mince meat fish paste, and gently spread on top of the silken tofu, and into the steamer it goes.....
This soft, silky tofu is great with a bowl of piping hot white rice .............. delicious!
- 1 box soft, silky tofu 340 gm
- 60 gm minced pork/chicken
- 60 gm fish paste
- 1 tsp each of - cornflour, salt, light soya sauce, oyster sauce and sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp Shaoxing wine
- 1 red chilly - chopped
- Spring onions - chopped
- Season the minced pork and fish paste with the cornflour, salt, light soya sauce, oyster sauce, sugar, pepper and sesame oil. Add in the chopped chilly and mix well. Set aside for a while.
- Remove the tofu from the box and gently rinse it over running water, pat dry, place it on a heat-proof plate.
- Carefully rub in some salt and pepper onto the tofu.
- Gently, spread the sesasoned pork and fish mixture onto the tofu.
- Steam over rapidly boiling water for about 10 mins.
- Turn off heat and drizzle in the Shaoxing wine and some light soya sauce.
- Garnish with the chopped spring onions.
- Serve hot with rice.