My blog is one year old today! In a blink of an eye, a year has passed. I can vividly remember that a year ago I was very sceptical about embarking on this project ........'Blogging', as my IT knowledge is very, very limited. I dare not say that I've accomplished a lot but knowing my own capabilities, to me this is already an achievement. I'm glad that I've made so many friends on the blogosphere and had received a lot of encouragement from fellow bloggers and readers. A very big 'Thank you' to all of you, and special thanks to Jacqueline for without her continuing guidance and support, I would not have come this far!
To mark this special day, I'm posting a moist, nutty and yummy cake......... "Walnut Streusel Cake"
Moist and not too sweet cake with crunchy and sweet streusel ......... and not forgetting a freshly brewed cup of hot Earl Grey tea!
- 4 oz butter/margarine
- 4 oz caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 8 oz plain flour
- 1.1/2 level tsp baking powder
- 1/4 level tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 60 gm walnuts, lightly roasted and chopped coarsely
- 1 oz Brown sugar
- 1/4 slightly rounded tsp instant coffee powder
- Mix the ingredients for the topping/filling, set aside.
- Lightly grease and flour an 8 inch round springform cake tin, set aside.
- Sift the flour with baking powder and salt, set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar till light, thick and creamy.
- Add in eggs one @ a time and mix till well incorporated. Add in vanilla.
- Fold in the sifted flour alternatively with the milk, starting and ending with flour. Mix well and scrape from the bottom and sides of the mixing bowl.
- Spoon 1/2 the batter into the cake tine, sprinkle in 1/2 the walnut mixture.
- Spread the remaining batter onto the walnut mixture, taking care to cover up all the filling.
- Sprinkle the remaining nut mixture onto the batter.
- Bake in preheated oven @ 180 deg C for about 45 to 50 mins. Test with a skewer till it comes out clean.
- Cool the cake in the tin for about 5 to 10 mins. before unmoulding and removing it onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve warm.