This sumptuous chicken dish is very easy to prepare. All you need to do is to marinate the chicken leg, preferably overnight, then dump them in the oven the next day and in a jiffy, dinner is ready!
Marinate the chicken legs with the seasoning, preferably overnight. Place marinated chicken legs onto an alluminium lined baking tray before putting them into the oven.
These chicken legs are yummy and I simply love the slightly singed parts ............... mmmmmm!
- 2 chicken legs with skin intact
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp light soya sauce
- 1/2 tsp dark soya sauce
- 3 tsps honey
- 4 pips garlic - crushed
- Freshly ground black pepper, amount as desired
- 1 capsicum - cut into rings
- 1 Japanese cucumber - sliced
- Some fresh greens
- Wash clean the chicken legs, make 2 slits on them and rub in some salt.
- Add in honey, black pepper, light and dark soya sauce, crushed garlic. Turn and mix them once in a while, then keep refrigerated overnight.
- Take them out an hour or so before roasting.
- Arrange them, devoid of marinade, skin up, on a baking tray lined with alluminium foil.
- Bake in preheated oven @ 220 deg C for about 10 mins, then turn them over to the other side and continue baking for another 10 mins. Turn again to brown the skin for another 15 mins. or till meat is cooked thoroughly. Insert a fork into the thickest part of the chicken leg and if no blood comes out, then the it is cooked.
- Meanwhile thicken the remaining marinade with 1/2 tsp cornflour.
- Remove chicken legs onto serving plate, garnish with the vegetables. Spoon over the gravy onto the chicken legs.
- Serve hot.