This is as simple as A,B,C ...... plain steamed fish fillet. Quick and easy to lay on the table and healthy and nutritious too! Non-greasy and less washing up!
This steamed fish pairs well with plain rice or congee, any time!
- 300 gm red snapper fillet
- 4 pips garlic - chopped
- 10 gm ginger - chopped
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 tsp each of - light soya sauce and oyster sauce
- a pinch of sugar
- Sea salt
- Spring onions for garnishing
- Dash of pepper
- Wash the fish fillet, pat dry and rub in some sea salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Saute the chopped garlic and ginger with the oil till fragrant. Mix the oyster sauce and light soya sauce with 2 tsp warm water, bit of sugar and add into the garlic ginger, stir well. Set aside.
- Prepare a steamer with water and steam fish over rapidly boiling water for about 8 mins.
- Pour the garlic and ginger sauce over the fish, garnish with the chopped spring onions, add in a dash of pepper.
- Serve hot immediately.