As the weather has been scorching hot these days, I've cooked white porridge for lunch. Whipped up this easy omelette, a very common and popular dish to go with it .......... 'Choy Poh Dan' or Radish Omelette.
Stir-fry the radish first, then add them into the beaten eggs, toss in the spring onions. Pan fry one side, then flip over to the other side and pan fry.
Dish them onto a serving plate, garnish with some chopped red chilly and enjoy with white porridge.
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 50 gm choy poh - dried radish, rinsed and chopped
- 1/2 tsp light soya sauce
- Spring onions - chopped
- A dash of pepper
- Red chilly for garnishing
- Oil for frying
- Lightly beat up 2 eggs, add in light soya sauce, pepper and chopped spring onions. Set aside.
- Heat up a pan, add in 1 Tbsp oil and stir-fry the chopped choy poh. Dish out and mix into the beaten eggs.
- In the same pan, add in oil if required, pour in the egg mixture, wait for the bottom to set and turn light brown, flip it over and continue to pan fry.
- Once both sides are browned, dish out.
- Serve hot with white porridge.