This choc-chip tea bread is not too sweet and is suitable for tea as the name suggests. Added in some orange rind for more flavour, not forgetting the walnuts that made it nutty .... munch, munch!
Spread on a thin layer of butter if you prefer it to be more buttery ....... Enjoy!
190 gm butter
100 gm soft brown sugar
225 gm self-raising flour
60 gm choc-chips
1/2 cup raisins, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
1 orange rind
1 tsp vanilla essence
A pinch of salt
2. Cream the butter, sugar and orange rind till light, fluffy and creamy.
3. Add in eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.mix well. Add in the vanilla essence.
4. Fold in the sifted flour, mix in the choc-chips, mix well, followed by the walnuts and raisins. Mix thoroughly, scraping from the bottom and sides of the mixing bowl.
5. Pour batter into a well greased 8.1/2" x 4.1/2" x 3" loaf dish. Make a slight depression with the back of the spoon.
6. Bake in a preheated oven @ 180 deg C for 50 mins. to an hour. Test with a skewer if it comes out clean. Let stand in dish for 10 min. before unmoulding and cooling it completely on a wire rack.
I'm submitting this post to Aspirng Bakers #7 - Chocolate Delight (May 2011) hosted by DG of Tested and Tasted.