This is another version of Meat floss Rolls that I made recently, slightly different from the previous meat floss roll that I've posted which was a loaf. This time I used chicken meat floss and these rolls can be easily torn apart when you want to 'attack' them!
It does look a bit messy with the floss spilling out, but that's not an issue, just gather them up and shove into the mouth .......... yummy!
- 350 gm high protein flour - sifted
- 1.1/2 tsp dried yeast
- 15 gm skimmed milk powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 60 gm caster sugar
- 25 gm butter/margarine
- 1 egg (50ml) lightly beaten
- 150 ml lukewarm water
- Meat floss
- Egg glaze - 1 egg yolk + a little egg white + a pinch of salt
- Black and white sesame seeds/chopped nuts - personal preference
- a little extra butter/margarine
- Sift the flour, mix in the sugar, salt, yeast and skimmed milk powder. Mix well with the dough hook.
- Add in the lukewarm water, then the lightly beaten egg.
- Mix well, then add in the butter.
- Beat on slow till a soft dough is formed and leaves the sides of the mixing bowl, about 10 to 15 mins.
- Remove dough hook and cover the mixing bowl with a damp cloth, let prove in a warm place for an hour or till double in size.
- Dough is ready for shaping when an indentation is left after pressing with a finger. Place dough on a lightly floured surface, give it a gentle knock to expel some air.
- Roll out dough into a rectangle about 1/4 inch thick, spread some butter and add in the meat floss.
- Roll up tightly, swiss roll style. Cut into 1 inch width. Arrange the cut rolls in a greased chiffon cake pan.
- Cover the pan with a damp cloth and let prove in a warm place for about 40 mins. or till double in size.
- Apply egg glaze, sprinkle on the sesame seeds.
- Bake in a preheated oven @ 180 degC for 15-20 mins. or till golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool in the pan for about 10 mins. Unmould and let cool completely on a wire rack.
I'm submitting this entry to 'Yeastspotting'. Do check it out 'Here'.
Also submitting this to Aspiring Bakers #8 - Bread Seduction hosted by Jasmine of The Sweetylicious.