This crispy sour plum chicken dish is another family favourite and in this instance I've used boneless chicken leg. Easy to prepare ~ just marinate the chicken with some seasoning, dip it in some cornflour to coat, deepfry, ladle on the sauce and is ready to be enjoyed.
This chicky dish is flavourful and is yummy served with a bowl of piping hot rice and some green salad.....very convenient to eat because there are no bones to pick!
Recipe for Sour plum chicken
- 400 gm boneless chicken thigh
- Cornflour to coat before deepfrying
- 1/4 tsp seasalt, 1 tsp light soya sauce, dash of pepper.
- 1 Tbsp sour plum sauce, 2 tsp brown sugar, 1/2 cup water, 1 tsp cornflour + 2 tsp water to thicken, salt to taste.
- Cut the chicken into bite size and marinate with the seasoning for about 2 hours. Set aside.
- Cook the sour plum sauce in water, add brown sugar and salt to taste.
- Add in the cornflour mixture to thicken. Leave aside.
- Heat up some oil in a wok, once boiling, lower flame to medium.
- Dip the marinated chicken in some cornflour, deepfry the chicken till golden brown, drain on paper towels. Place on serving plate.
- Heat up the sauce and pour it over the chicken. Arrange some cucumber slices on the plate.
- Serve immediately with hot rice.
I'm linking this entry to Muhibbah Malaysian Monday. Do check it out "Here".