I've never baked with white chocolate before and when I saw some leftover white chocolate in the fridge, thought it best to mix in with my muffins. I was curious as to how they would turn out, especially the colour.
These are easy to make and taste just yummy with tangy berries and bits of white chocolate.
Recipe for White chocolate strawberry muffin
- 300 gm self-raising flour
- 150 gm caster sugar
- 100 gm white chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 200 gm strawberries, chopped
- 1 egg
- 250 ml milk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- pinch of salt
- Whisk lemon juice, milk, oil and egg in a bowl till well combined.
- Sift flour with salt, mix in sugar and white chocolate. Stir to combine.
- Add in the chopped strawberries.
- Slowly stir the wet ingredients into the flour mixture. Stop stirring once the ingredients are combined. Do not overmix. Batter should be wet and lumpy.
- Scoop batter into patty tins lined with paper cups, level the surface.
- Bake in a preheated oven @ 180 deg C for 20 to 25 mins. Test with a skewer till it comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack.
- Serve warm
- Makes 12
These muffins are at their best on the day they're baked.