Of late, I notice that various salted egg dishes have surfaced on the menu of restaurants and eateries. Most popular of all is the salted egg with crabs with both the wet and dry versions. I've also recently tasted salted egg with pumpkin and salted egg with beancurd and lately some bloggers have posted fried rice with salted egg. I have recently coined this dish ....... 'Salted egg steamed Chicken' and would like to share it with you.
This combination sounds a bit off-the-beaten track but then, it isn't bad after all. Did pair well with white rice. If your taste buds are game for trying out new food, then try this!
Recipe for Salted egg steamed chicken
- 2 free-range chicken leg, cut into half and make some slits on the meat
- 1/2 tsp sea-salt
- 1/4 tsp light soya sauce
- a dash of pepper
- 1 small knob ginger, chopped
- 1 pip garlic, chopped
- some spring onions, chopped
- 1 salted egg
- 2 tsp Shaoxing wine
- Marinate the chicken leg with a dash of pepper, sea-salt, chopped garlic, ginger and spring onions, for about 2 hours
- Break up the salted egg and mix in with the meat.
- Steam under rapidly boiling water till chicken is cooked tender and cooked through, about 30 mins.
- Test for taste, drizzle in some wine, turn off heat.
- Garnish with some spring onions.
- Serve hot with rice
I'm submitting this post to Muhibbah Malaysian Monday. Do check it out 'Here'.