Teriyaki chicken noodle is another all-in-one comfort meal which I served for dinner recently. I'm always game for an easy and quick meal. Simple, yet wholesome.........
These noodles were indeed tasty and fragrant with the add-on lightly toasted sesame seeds.
Recipe for Teriyaki chicken noodles
- 20 gm chicken breast, cut into strips
- 3 servings of fresh wonton noodles
- 1 carrot, cut into strips
- 2 Tbsp lightly toasted sesame seeds
- Spring onions for garnishing
- 1 tsp cornflour + 1 Tbsp water to thicken
- 1/2 Tbsp Teriyaki honey and soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar and light soya sauce
- a dash of pepper
- Marinate the chicken strips with the above seasoning for an hour.
- Heat some oil in a wok, stir-fry the chicken meat for a few mins. till just cooked, add in the carrot strips, stir-fry. Add in 1/2 cup water, dark soya sauce, sugar, salt to taste and cornflour thickening. Keep aside.
- Cook the noodles in boiling water, keep stirring, for about 3 to 4 mins. Drain, rinse under running water tap water, return noodles to the pot and cook, stirring, for 2 mins. Strain.
- Transfer the noodles to the pan of chicken meat, mix well on low flame. Add in the sesame seeds, tossing up to coat, turn off heat.
- Dish out onto serving bowls, garnish with chopped spring onions.
- Serve immediately