To combat the current hot weather these days, I made this konnyaku jelly with honey citron tea to ward off the heat from our body system. Honey citron tea known as Yuja in Korean and Yuzu in Japanese is a traditional Korean tea known to be a good cold and flu remedy. It contains 1.5 times more natural vitamin C then the orange and taking this helps to overcome fatique as well. Making a hot drink with a couple of teaspoons of this jelly marmalade makes a very soothing beverage for sore throat. Here's what I did and you'll agree with me that it's super easy.
This yuja jelly has a distinctive flavour ~ a mix of orange and lemon with the citron peel lending a slight bitter taste somewhat akin to grapefruit.
Recipe for Konnyaku jelly with Honey citron tea
- 1 packet of 250 gm konnyaku jelly powder + 1 packet of malic acid
- 1000 ml plain water
- 4 Tbsp honey citron tea jam
- 250 ml hot water
- Dissolve the honey citron tea jam with hot water, mix well.
- As per instructions on the packet, pour the jelly powder into a pot.
- Add in the citron tea mixture, water and cook on high heat. Keep stirring to prevent mixture from becoming lumpy.
- Once boiling, reduce to low heat and boil for another 3 mins.
- Turn off heat and stir in the malic acid till dissolved.
- Pour into moulds. Allow jelly to set, cool.
- Keep refrigerated overnight.
- Serve chilled.
I must say a big 'Thank You' to Yummylittlecooks and Vivian Pang for this award.
I'm submitting this post to Weekend Herb Blogging # 320 hosted by
Astrid from Paulchen's Foodblog