I can have this straight on its own as I simply adore Taro ...............
Recipe for Taro with baby kai lan
- 350 gm taro/yam, nett wt., cut into cubes
- 250gm Hongkong baby kailan, washed and drained
- 10 gm dried shrimps, washed and drained
- 3 pips garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp chicken granules (optional)
- 1 to 1.1/5 cups water
- Seasalt to taste
- Dash of pepper
- Saute the chopped garlic with some oil, add in the dried shrimps, stir-fry till fragrant.
- Add in the taro cubes, stir-fry. Add in water, chicken granules and seasalt and let it simmer till taro is creamy and soft. (You may need to add in more water as taro is very absorbent).
- Meanwhile, boil a pot of water, add in some salt and oil, blanch the kai lan for about 4 mins., drain, set aside.
- When the taro is cooked and water is partially reduced, test for taste and toss in the blanched kai lan. Mix well.
- Dish up and serve immediately with hot white rice.
I'm submitting this post to Malaysian Muhibbah Monday. Do check it out 'Here'.