This recipe was taken from Wen's Delight, Mini Marble Mocha Cake who had modified the recipe from Sonia's Marble chocolate cupcakes post. I tweaked it a bit by adding green tea powder, reduced the chocolate powder as I was afraid that the amount would make the cake bitter. Also added more milk to the chocolate mixture as I found the consistency a bit stiff. The result? Moist and flavourful mini loaves with a wonderful combination of greentea and chocolate flavour.
Recipe for Greentea choco marble cake (Adapted from Wen's Delight with modification)
- 150 gm butter
- 140 gm caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 200 gm self-raising flour (sifted)
- 4.1/2 Tbsp milk
- 20 gm chocolate/cocoa powder
- 1 tsp greentea powder
- Use a handheld whisk to whisk butter, sugar, eggs, milk (3 Tbsp) and sifted flour till just smooth.
- Divide batter into 2 portions, sieve chocolate powder and add 1.1/2 Tbsp milk into one portion, mix well.
- Sieve greentea powder into the other portion, mix well.
- Using a teaspoon, alternate the batter into a lightly greased and flour dusted mini loaf pan till 3/4 full. Use a skewer to give the batter a swirl.
- Bake in a preheated oven @ 180 deg C for 18 - 20 mins. until golden brown. Test with a skewer till it comes out clean.
- Let the loaves cool in the pan for 10 mins. before removing them to cool completely on a wire rack.