I was wondering how best to make use of some hazelnut meal languishing in my fridge when I stumbled upon this recipe. This recipe is rather easy to put together with a few simple ingredients that are easily available. The texture is moist, almost similar to pound cake with a tinge of nutty flavour, light and yum!
This cake certainly goes down well with a nice brew of hot tea ............. relax and enjoy!
Recipe for Hazelnut Bundt Cake
- 6 oz butter
- 4 oz caster sugar
- 4 oz self-raising flour
- 4.1/2 oz hazelnut meal
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup yoghurt
- a pinch of salt
- Icing sugar for dusting (optional)
- Grease an 8 cup Bundt pan generously with melted butter or with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Sift the flour with salt, set aside.
- Cream butter, caster sugar till light, thick and creamy.
- Add in the eggs one at a time, mix well.
- Fold in sifted flour alternating with yoghurt. Start with flour and end with flour.
- Fold in the hazelnut meal, mix well.
- Pour batter into the prepared Bundt pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven @ 180 deg C for 40 - 45 mins. till golden brown. Test with a skewer till it comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool in pan for 10 mins. before unmoulding onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Dust with icing sugar if desired.