I was wondering what to do with the bottle of Kahlua coffee liqueur when Ann of Anncoo Journal posted her Almond coffee cakes. Making this is a breeze and mixing can be done in a jiffy. I totally agree with her that these lovely mini bundt cakes are truly very delicious and the sweet aroma of the Kahlua is just overwhelming.
Recipe for Almond Coffee Cake
- 4 Tbsp plain flour, sifted
- 80 gm icing sugar
- 60 gm almond meal
- 4 Tsp instant coffee powder
- 80 gm butter, melted
- 4 egg whites
- 1/4 cup Khalua coffee liqueur or Rum
- Place sifted flour, almond meal, coffee powder, melted butter, egg whites and icing sugar into a large mixing bowl. Mix with a balloon whisk till well incorporated.
- Spoon mixture into lightly greased mini bundt pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven @ 180 deg C for 20 - 25 mins. Test with skewer till it comes out clean.
- Immediately drizzle in the Kahlua. Let cool in pan for 5 mins. before unmoulding onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Dust with a sprinking of icing sugar. Serve
- Makes 7 mini bundt cakes.