This is what I cooked for the weekend. An easy super duper all-in-one dish accompanied with a vegetable soup on the side. I was just too lazy to whip up any other dishes as the weather is so super hot and humid these days and my brain cells couldn't function properly. So, as long as it can fill the stomach, it's all that matters!
The slices of red meat is sweet 'kwai fah yoke'.
If you're hard pressed for time, can consider this option for a quick and wholesome meal.
Recipe for Rice cooker chicken rice
- 3 chicken leg, skin removed and cut into bite size
- 1 piece sweet meat ~ 'Kwai Fah yoke' cut into bite size
- 7 pieces Chinese mushroom, soaked, stemmed and sliced
- 1 Tbsp oyster sauce
- 1/4 tsp dark soya sauce
- 1/2 tsp seasalt
- 2 tsp light soya sauce
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- Dash of pepper
- 1 rice cup rice
- Chopped spring onions
Seasoning to mix in after the rice has been cooked
- 1 Tbsp Shaoxing wine
- 1 tsp sesame oil and 1 tsp dark soya sauce
- Mix all the ingredients above except the rice, let it sit for an hour or so.
- Cook rice the usual way in the rice cooker, but reduce the water slightly.
- When the rice is 3/4 cooked and water is showing signs of drying up, add in the marinated chicken.
- When the rice is fully cooked and the 'keep warm' button is lighted up, add in the seasoning.
- Mix well, test for desired taste, dish up in bowls.
- Garnish with chopped spring onions, add in a dash of pepper.