These mouth-watering cookies are chewy in the middle and crunchy at the edges and they're just too nice to stop at one. Not only are they delicious but with rolled oats and almonds add-ons, they're nutritious as well.
Chewy, crunchy and nutty cookies which will have you reaching out for more!.............
Recipe for Chewy Choc-chip cookies (adapted from chunky chewy choc-chip cookies with modifications)
- 4 oz brown sugar
- 2 oz caster sugar
- 6 oz self-raising flour
- 2 oz plain flour
- 1.1/2 oz rolled oats
- 2.1/2 oz nibbed almonds, lightly toasted
- 7.1/2 oz butter, melted
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 7 oz choc-chips
- Pinch of salt
- Sift the the 2 types of flour in a large bowl. Add in sugar, oats, nuts and mix well with a handwhisk.
- Add melted butter, egg, egg yolk and vanilla essence, mix to a soft dough.
- Stir in choc-chips. Cover and let dough rest in fridge for 20 mins.
- Place 1.1/2 rounded tablespoons of dough, 2 inches apart on a parchment lined baking tray.
- Bake in a preheated oven @ 180 deg C for 12 to 13 mins, or till lightly brown at the sides for a chewy effect.
- Let cookies rest on tray, for 5 mins. before transferring them onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Yield 29, three inch wide size cookies.
I'm lilnking this post to Recipe Box # 4 hosted by Bizzy Bakes.