These muffins are made with raw pumpkin, grated and with some raisins thrown in for good measure. They do look cute baked in the mini loaf pan, just what I would like for breakfast or tea!
Recipe for Pumpkin raisin muffins
- 7 oz plain flour
- 4 oz caster sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 4 oz melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 50 ml milk
- A pinch of salt
- 4 oz raisins/sultanas
- 9 oz (net weight) shredded pumpkin with skin
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Wash and scrub the pumpkin thoroughly, shred, set aside.
- Sift flour with baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Stir in the sugar and mix well.
- Mix the lightly beaten egg and melted butter thoroughly, add in vanilla.
- Pour the liquid onto the flour mixture, add in shredded pumpkin and raisins. Mix till just combined. Do not overmix.
- Spoon mixture into lightly greased loaf or muffin pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven @ 180 deg C till golden brown. Test with a skewer till it comes out clean.
- Let muffins cool in pan for about 5 mins., before removing and completely cooling them on a wire rack.
- Yields 8 muffins.