This is a light and moist lemony cake with a hint of strawberry. Do be liberal with the greasing and dusting of the Bundt pan as the strawberry may stick to it when unmoulding. Great cake to go with tea or coffee!
Recipe for Lemon Strawberry Bundt Cake
- 13 oz butter
- 12 oz plain flour
- 6 to 7 oz strawberries or any berries of your choice
- 10 oz caster sugar
- 2 oz granulated sugar
- 6 Tbsp milk
- 4 eggs + 2 egg yolks
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp lemon zst
- 1.1/2 tsp baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- Heat berries in a pot to release juice. Add in 2 oz granulated sugar, cook over medium heat till juicy and moisture reduces to a little under 1/2 cup. Let cool completely.
- Sift flour with baking powder and salt, set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar till light and creamy. Add in eggs one at a time, mix well.
- Fold in sifted flour alternatively with milk, starting with flour and ending with flour. Add in lemon zest. Mix well scraping from the bottom and sides of the mixing bowl.
- Scoop 2/3 batter into the well greased and floured 10 cup Bundt pan. Spoon the strawberry mixture in a ring around the middle of the batter, not touching the pan. Top with remaining batter and smooth evenly.
- Bake @ 180 deg C in a preheated oven for 55 to 60 mins. or till golden brown. Test with a skewer till it comes out clean.
- Remove from oven. Poke holes on the cake and lightly pour the syrup onto the cake. Let cool in pan before unmoulding the cake and letting it cool completely on a wire rack.