These Cherry Choc-Chip cookies are light and slightly chewy. The choc chips melt in the mouth and the sweet aroma fills the house. Kids may find the little dots of red from the cherries too tempting to resist, just right for the coming Chnese New Year!
Recipe for Cherry Choc-Chip Cookies
- 125 gm Butter or Margarine
- 100 gm caster sugar
- 50 gm Brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 200 gm self-raising flour
- 70 gm red cherries, chopped
- 70 gm white choc-chips
- 70 gm choc chips
- Pinch of salt
- Sift the self-raising flour with salt, set aside.
- Cream butter with sugar till creamy. Add in the egg.
- Fold in sifted flour. Add in the choc chips and chopped cherries, mix well.
- Cover the dough and let rest in the fridge for about 1/2 an hour.
- Drop 2 level teaspoonfuls onto a parchment lined baking tray.
- Bake in a preheated oven @ 180 deg. C for 10 to 12 mins.
- Cool on tray for 5 mins. before removing them onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store cookies in an air-tight container.
- Yield : 78 Cookies
I am submitting this post to Chinese New Year Delights 2013 hosted by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover