I made this porky dish over the weekend. The meat was tasty and tender and it fell apart easily. You can serve this with rice or on a bed of noodles or just with plain bread. It's finger licking good!
Recipe for Black Pepper Pork Belly
- 650 gm pork belly, skin removed, sliced
- 1.1/2 Tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 Tbsp light soya sauce
- 1.1/2 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 tsp cornflour + 2 tsp water to thicken
- Marinate the pork belly with the above ingredients for 4 hours or more, preferably overnight.
- Place marinated meat in a pot with just enough water to cover.
- Bring to the boil, cover, and simmer under low heat till meat is cooked through.
- Take out the meat and place on a foil lined pan to grill for about 2 mins. on both side. Place on serving dish.
- Thicken the sauce in the pot with the cornflour mixture. Fine tune to desired taste.
- Serve with some greens and the sauce.