I was browsing through some recipe books and these muffins caught my eye. Have not used bran in muffins before, only added it in bread and since there were also apples at hand, I just had to try this out this recipe.
These muffins are a healthy lot with apples and raisins and should there be leftovers, fret not, just warm them up in the oven toaster, and you're all set for a healthy breakfast or tea!
Recipe for Apple Bran Muffins
- 300ml milk
- 150 gm Oat Bran
- 75 gm wholemeal flour
- 150 gm plain flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 90 gm butter, melted
- 80 gm light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 green apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 2 Tbsp raisins
- 40 gm lightly toasted walnuts, chopped
- Put milk and oat bran in a bowl, stir till well mixed, set aside.
- Sift plain flour with the baking powder, mix in the wholemeal flour.
- In a mixing bowl, use a ball whisk to whisk the eggs, melted butter, sugar and vanilla.
- Stir bran mixture into the egg mixture, mix well, then stir this mixture into the flour mixture. Stir in the apples, raisins and walnuts till just combined. Do not overmix.
- Spoon mixture into lined muffin pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven @ 200 deg C for 20-25 mins. till golden brown. Test with a skewer till it comes out clean.
- Let muffins cool for a while in the pan before removing them to cool on a wire rack.
- Serve warm.
- Yield : 12 muffins
I'm linking this to #MuffinMonday hosted by Bakerstreet.