I was browsing through a book .... Women's Weekly - 'Toss" and it contained many recipes for salads, stir-fries and quick meals. This is a very straightforward salad making use of greens and fruits but I threw in some leftover pork fillet as well! Pork fillet, one may ask....... Sounds weird with added meat but then it's just personal preference and moreover I just don't like to put food to waste.
Recipe for Pork Salad with Apple and Raisin
- 250 gm pan fried pork fillet seasoned with some salt, sugar and light soya sauce.
- 1 medium size green apple, sliced, thinly. (Drizzle on some lime juice to prevent browning).
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 cups salad greens
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, pressed - All mixed well together
- Slice up the pan-fried pork fillet. Place them into a large bowl with the salad greens and sliced apples.
- Mix in the dressing, toss gently to combine.
- Sprinkle on some raisins.
- Serve immediately.
Lime Dijon dressing
I'm linking this post to 'Cook Your Books #1' hosted by Kitchen Flavours