This is a sugar dusted Apple bundt cake with a thin crunchy crust and a moist and nutty inside. Made with tart Granny Smith apples, chopped walnuts and a sprinkling of cinnamon, it was very aromatic. The sweet smell of cinnamon and vanilla lingered in the kitchen for quite a while.
Recipe for X'tra Good Walnut Apple Bundt Cake
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sunflower/canola oil
- 7 oz soft brown sugar
- 12 oz plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups peeled, cored and shredded apples
- 1 cup walnuts, lightly toasted and coarsely chopped
- Icing sugar for decoration (optional)
- Grease and lightly flour a 10 cup Bundt pan, set aside.
- Sieve flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir in the cinnamon. Set aside.
- Beat eggs, oil and sugar till light and creamy.
- Add in the shredded apples to the egg mixture.
- Fold in the sifted flour.
- Finally, mix in the chopped walnuts.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 deg.C for about 50 - 60 mins. till golden brown. Test with a skewer till it comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for about 30 mins. before unmoulding onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Lightly dust with some icing sugar before serving.
Incidentally, I am bringing this dish over to a picnic organised by Louise @ Months of Edible Celebrations. Louise has been hosting this picnic game for many years and this is the first time that I'm going to this picnic. Each participant will pick an alphabet and make something with the dish name starting with that alphabet and my chosen alphabet is " X" .. X'tra Good Apple Walnut Bundt Cake. As you can see my alphabet is 'X' as I'm rather late in participating. But thanks to Louise, I managed to squeeze in my dish at the last minute. The roundup of the picnic game will be on 1st July, 2013 at Louise's blog.
As a rule of the game, I have to list this down. I'm going for a picnic and I'm bringing :-
A - Aloo Gobi
B - Blueberry Cucumber Salsa
C - Crispy Curry Fried Chicken
D - Dying for Chocolate Chocolate Cake
E - Tina-Eton Mess
F - Fish in a Jar
G - Golden Pillow Hee Ban
H - Hummingbird Cake
I - Ice Cream Sandwiches
J - Jersey Hot Dogs - Nee
K - Kahlua Mocha Ice Cream
L - Light and Soft Japanese Cheesecake
M - Ma'moul ~ A traditional Lebanese cookie
N - Nettle Quinoa Tart
O - Oriental Pasta Salad
P - Pan de Mango
Q - Quinoa Pizza Balls
R - Rainbow Connection Cupcakes
S - Strawberry Yogurt Ice Cream
T - Telosma Cordata Eucheuma Jelly
U - U never fail Cheesescake
V - Vanilla & Cream Cheese Pound Cake & Citrus Glaze
W - Watermelon Sorbet
X - X'tra Good Apple Walnut Bundt Cake