Braised chicken feet in black bean sauce is a common sight at Dim Sum restaurants and most of the time they are pre-fried. Being the lazy me, I just dumped them into the slow cooker together with the chicken, added in some spices and let them mingle together while I attended to my other household chores. I put the slow cooker on 'high', attended to it some three hours later and after adjusting the taste, it was ready to be served.
Recipe for Slow Cooker Braised Chicken and Chicken Feet
- 300 gm chicken feet
- 400 gm chicken, cut to bite size
- 3 slices ginger
- 8 cloves, garlic, crushed
- 3 dried chillies soaked in water to soften
- 3 star anise
- 4 tsp light soya sauce
- 1 tsp each of dark soya sauce, rock sugar and seasalt
- 2.1/2 cups water
- 2 tsp cornflour + sauce to thicken
- Season the chicken pieces with some salt, light and dark soya sauce, set aside.
- Blanch the chicken feet in boiling water for about 10 mins to rid of some oil. Drain and rinse in running water.
- In a slow cooker, add in the dried chillies, ginger, crushed garlic and water. Add in the chicken feet and cook on high for 2 hours.
- Add chicken and cook for another hour or more till the chicken feet are soft and the chicken tender.
- Use some of the sauce to make the cornflour thickening.
- Fine tune to taste, dish out onto serving plate.
- Seve hot with white rice.