Ginger, young and old be it sliced, julienned or chopped is a common ingredient in Chinese cooking. I used fresh young ginger in this quick and easy dish of mine, simply put, it's Steam Fish with Essence of Chicken. Ginger pairs well with fish and other seafood as it helps to neutralise the excessively strong fishy flavours and also it adds aroma to the dish.
Recipe for Steam Fish with Essence of Chicken
- 220 gm Garoupa fillet
- 1 bottle of Chicken Essence
- 1 small knob of young ginger, finely chopped
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp garlic oil
- A red chilli and spring onion to garnish
- A bit of seasalt to season
- Dash of pepper
- Wash and pat dry the fish fillet, place on a plate, and season with a bit of seasalt and a dash of pepper.
- Combine the chicken essence, fish sauce, sugar and chopped ginger.
- Drizzle the sauce onto the fish fillet.
- Steam on high heat for 5 mins.
- Drizzle on some garlic oil and garnish with spring onions and red chilli.
- Serve immediately.
Linking this post to Little Thumbs Up event organised by Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids and
Doreen of my little favourite DIY and hosted by Alvin of Chef and Sommelier