A quick and easy chicken salad which is laced with a chilli and lime dressing. With vermicelli add-on, it makes a good wholesome one-dish meal! You can also make use of left-over chicken meat for this salad.
Recipe for Thai Chicken Vermicelli Salad (adapted from a book 'The very best of Chinese and Asian cuisine')
- 1/2 chicken breast, marinated with some seasalt and pepper
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 1/2 cucumber, cut into match sticks
- 1/2 carrot, cut into match sticks
- 1 stalk lemon grass, finely chopped
- 1 to 1.1/2 Tbsp fish sauce
- 4 tsp sugar or to taste
- Juice of 8 calamansi/limau kasturi
- 2 bird eye chillies, chopped
- Dried vermicelli, soaked till soft
- Sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- Cashew nuts, lightly toasted (optional)
- Coriander to garnish
- Poach or steam the chicken meat till cooked. Let cool and shred the meat into slices.
- In a bowl, mix the calamansi juice and sugar till dissolved. Add in the fish sauce, mix well.
- Bring a pot of water to the boil, cook the presoaked vermicelli, remove, drain off water. Set this aside in a mixing bowl.
- Add the shredded meat, sliced onion, cucumber, carrot and lemon grass into the vermicelli.
- Pour in the calamansi mixture and mix well. Fine tune to desired taste.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled.
- Garnish with chilli, sesame seeds and fresh coriander before serving.
I am submitting this post to Asian Food Fest (Thailand) - November Month
hosted by Lena of Frozen Wings
and also to
and also to
Cook your Book # 6 hosted by Kitchen Flavours